Monday, September 20, 2010

Broke Bike Ride

Debbie and I left the house at 10:00 on Sunday. Went out route 58 to 10. Took 10 North to Surry House where we had Lunch.





We were supposed to continue up 10 to 40 take 40 west to 35 and 35 south to parts unknown, however, when I started the bike it was making a hell of a noise, even Debbie heard it and she never hears anything. It sounded like something was falling off the bike. After a careful and proffesional examination of the motorcycle (me jumping up and down on the bike trying to make something fall off). We canceled the ride and headed back down 10. If all went well we were going to Bayside HD and see if could find out what was going on.

When we got to the intersection of 10 and 258 we caught the red light. So were sitting there idling and I realized the bike wasn't making the noise. It was too nice of a day to head home if we didn't need too, so...

We continued the ride by turning west on 258. We followed 258 past the Boykins Tavern and I saw a sign that said Zuni so we turned onto 644 and followed it to Zuni and 460. 644 is a Virginia senic byway, there was no traffic and even less to see, just a nice ride on a nice road. When we hit 460 I found myself wanting the road to continue.

Anyway, we turned East on 460 to 58 business and followed that to 58 and home.

180 miles round trip

No comments:

Post a Comment