Thursday, April 21, 2011

Outer Banks Bike Week 2

WOW!!! What a difference a couple of day's make. If you read my last post you know that I rode to OBBW by myself on Sunday the 17th. I was a little dissapointed in the turn out of both riders and vendors. Well, on Wednesday the 20th my wife and were both off and we took a ride back to the event.

We did the same thing I did on Sunday with a few exceptions. First off, we stopped at the Kitty Hawk Baptist church and had lunch. There were more vendors in the parking lot than there had been on Sunday. I had a burger, chips, home made cookies, and a soda and Debbie had a cheese burger, chips an apple and a soda. Delicious food and all for $5.00 each. Pretty good deal.

We left the church and we rode straight to the Tanger outlets. This was so we could turn around and head North to see what biker events were happening. Did I mention I had my wife with me? Somehow we ended up shopping for over an hour at the outlet stores. My only consolation is that I wasn't alone. They really need a bar at the outlet stores for all of the husbands (biker or not) who get stuck shopping with the better half.

Ok, finally we are on our way. We headed back to Nags Head HD. There were more bikes than on Sunday but they were steady in and out, no one was hanging around.

We headed north and we hit both 158 and route 12 vendors. Things were definitely picking up. There were more vendors and more local establishments were getting in the swing of things. For example there was a bikini bike wash for charity taking place at the Port O Call restaurant. And other events scheduled for later in the week.

After checking out the vendors at Nags Head and kitty Hawk we headed to the Outer Banks HD dealership for a quick look around. Once again this is where it is all happening. HD demo rides, group rides, music and coleslaw wrestling (not as appealing as it sounds).







Anyway, things are picking up, unfortunately family commitments will keep me away for the rest of the events, but no problem, the Virginia Beach Bike Classic is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment